Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator ne peut pas démarrer : problème droits accès dossier préférence

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour,

Je viens d'installer illustrator 2020 sur mon pc (windows 10). Illustrator ne veut pas démarrer. J'ai le message d'erreur suivant :

Pour qu'Adobe Illustrator fonctionne correctement, les droits d'accès dossier Préfénreces doivent être 'lecture-écriture'. Le paramètre actuel des droits d'accès est défini de manière incorrecte sur 'lecture seule'.

Or j'ai tous les droits sur les dossiers windows en tant qu'administrator, en particulier sur 

'User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings'

Merci de votre aide

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please refer to this help article and check if you have provided the right permissions to all the folders: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know if it works or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’ve tried what you are suggesting to do at the link. First, the account is set as an administrator with full control over folders. According to the given link, I have to go to the following path “C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings” for which I did. I went over the path under the security tab I have checked the rights over the user name; everything is dimmed but under allow everything is checked. After that I have looked at the state of the folder, it is in read-only. I have removed the attrib from the property window; the read-only always stays, unable to remove the read-only state from the folder I’ve tried with the attrib with the following command (attrib -r -s "C:\Users\Joliciel\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings") it did operate I went back to see if the read only has been removed, it has not been removed. I have uninstalled all Adobe programs with “AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe”, delete all folders under AppData, ran CCleaner to make sure there is no reference of Adobe in the registry for which they are a lot of them. After that I reboot the computer, did a reinstallation of the program CreativeCloud and then Illustrator first. I have tried Illustrator the window appears again. What I have done nothing has solved the problems. The only Adobe programs that work on this computer is the Acrobat.

One thing that I find strange. I have another computer; I have checked the state of the folders; they are in read-only, with the differences that all the Adobe programs work under the read-only folder state, why we need to change that state.

What I find strange that Windows 10 OS won’t allow us to change the attribute of the folders under AppData and even change the authorization part of the folder states.

What do I need to do next to make the Adobe work on the computer?

Thank you,

Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just find out that there's a difference when the Read-Only box is checked. It has a square within the box saying that the state is meaningless, the file has to be filled with a check mark to be in that state. If I understand it right that means the Adobe programs should work under these folders, unless there’re some other places, we have to look for to solve this issue.

Thank you,
Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please make sure you have OS & GPU updated to the latest version.  Additionally, I'd recommend using Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove the existing app installation. Once apps are removed, restart your machine and install the apps again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I have followed what you’ve asked me to do. I follow each step, first uninstall every single Adobe program, including, Acrobat and Creative Cloud; nothing was left. Then to clean up, I’ve run AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe what was selected i all. And finally, did an installation of CreativeCloud, Acrobat and Illustrator. Acrobat works; I’m able to open the program, but I just find out in the printer peripheral area of windows; nothing is accessible, so we cannot change any settings within the Acrobat not even printing a test page. As for the Illustrator, it is impossible to open the programs because of the privilege security issue to allow the user whom I’m not able to access. My user credential is an administrator, when I’ve checked the folder security state of “C:\Users\UserNameAppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings” I have full control of the folder everything is checked…

Thank you,
Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Another thing I have done that might I think has been the cause, for which is not the case? Here’s what I’ve executed that I thought it would have solved the problem.

The following was run within CMD window as an administrator.
1. SFC/scannow
2. DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth
3. DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/AnalyzeComponentStore
4. DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/StartComponentCleanup
5. cleanmgr

from Windows startup the following program was executed.
6. msConfig—Under Services Tab making sure, the following services are enabled.
Check: Adobe Genuine Monitor Service
Check: Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service
7. Autorun.exe (a better version of msConfig we can perform filter and other things provided by Microsoft under Sysinternal) I have filtered the search to Adobe; all the necessary entries were enabled.

Even after all that Illustrator will not load, since I did not install the others, I suspect it will be the same. And as for the Acrobat, it can be loaded without a problem, but I cannot perform any links under printers & scanner's settings for Adobe Acrobat. I hope this will help. I will really appreciate helps on this issue. It has been nearly two months this computer is not working with all Adobe programs except Acrobat who has some issues.

Thank you,
Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Regarding Acrobat settings after some reboot, the settings are now working under Windows Bluetooth and scanner's peripherals. I could make the Adobe printer as a default, I was finally able to print a page test, among other things.

Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention the other Adobe programs aside from Acrobat it still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing all the information about troubleshooting and we're sorry it did not help. I'd request contacting the Adobe assisted support(click on chat icon at the bottom right to begin the conversation). Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting and help you out accordingly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thanks for your help. So I did go to the preferences folder read only but the problem has not been solved. The same problem happens with illustrator, indesign and after effect, but not photoshop.

I was on line with Microsoft who claims that the read-only flag is control by the system on windows, not by the user...

Your help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Since this is happening with multiple applications. I would request if you can log in to Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s). Check how the application works there.

This video shows how to enable the hidden administrator account on Windows 10. This works for Windows 8 and 7 seven as well. Here is the command to enable the hidden administrator account net user administrator /active:yes Here is the command to disable it net user administrator /active:no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem; I’ve tried both solutions by making sure under security properties the user is an administrator, and all the Deny selections are unchecked. After that I’ve run the following as an administrator in the command window “CMD” and did the following command, “net user administrator /active: yes.” When this is done, I did apply the identical command with the administrator replaced by the administrator user name. Even after all that, all the Adobe programs do not start excepting Acrobat. I’ve tried to copy and paste a file from a folder to the Adobe Illustrator versions 23 and 24 folder; the file was successfully copied. What is the next thing do I have to do to make the program work when we encounter this type of issue. The other things that I’ve tried, I’ve uninstalled and reinstall the programs. Even after a reinstallation of all of them, I’m unable to make any Adobe programs work except for Acrobat.

Regards,

Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Everyone,

After trying all the above, I have concluded that I have to reinstall Windows completely. First, I did a backup of only the data without any settings and applications. Next make a complete installation of Windows 10 and all applications one by one. Then all my adobe applications did work.

Regards,
Joliciel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines