• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator not responding

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on having a problem with Illustrator 2020. Nearly everytime I work on it it will happen that the program freezes and stop responding (it shows this information 'not responding' on the top panel). That's the only app from Adobe that my computer is struggling with. I work very often on the newest InDesign version and that has never happened. I've got Dell Inspiron 14 (2 in 1) with Intel Core i5  1.80GHz, 16GB 1 tb storage, most of it it's empty as it's relatively ne laptop, using Windows 10. 

Is it most likely my processor being to weak or is could there be any other reason for Illustrator failing?

Thanks in advance

Julietta

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julietta,

Often on windows the issue is not processor power, but software corruption through mallware, incompatible or outdated plug ins, free fonts. What happens if you restart does Illustrator work? Do you have anything else instaleld besids Adobe cretive suite & win 10? Virus protection?

Pull down your Adobe cloud, look for any errors, or update to AI 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for your response. For some reason I haven't seen it until today. 

It does sound reasonable that it might be the problem with mallware and/or free fonts. Font wise I use only the ones available on Adobe Type Kit. I did have some system error popping up recently though. I only have Windows defender firewall and Virus & Threat protection they provide. I'm quite hopeless if it comes to fixing any technical issues on my PC so that also does not help;-) 

Would you say Mac computers are working better with Adobe Cloud programs? Do you have any personal recommendations on which antivirus software to get in order to protect my computer better and make it work more efficient? 

Thank you,

Julietta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines