• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Not responding

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file that I try to open, but illustrator is not responding. I am using Illustrator 24.3 and windows computer

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is the file?

Where is it saved?

Can you open other files?

Please tell us your hardware specifications. Anything below 8 GB RAM: forget it. Even between 8 and 16 GB you could experience issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

Thank you for your help. The original file is only 5 mb (in autocad) but when I save as Illustrator file it becomes 100mb. It is currently saved in Box cloud. I can open other files that are much smaller. I understand the file size is big but it is only vector lines (if it is too big is there a way to decrease its size)?

I am using a Windows 64-bit ram wih 16 GB, Intel i7 with NVidia GPU, I have 512 GB storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAD software typically cuts paths in small parts, so there are a lot more paths than necessary.

Why filesize gets that much bigger will be difficult to tell without seeing the actual file.

Generally local files work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to save the file locally on my computer, but is there another way to open the file without making more paths? I really need to get this file into illustrator. Would you like me to attach the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to open the file without getting more paths. With imported files you get what you get.

You can only try and clean that up in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines