Highlighted

Illustrator not responsive and system freezes

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it is a known problem with Illustrator and macOS or not. But after a while using it, the mouse pointer stop working and I can't do anything with macOS, and I have to switch off my Mac and restart it. At least, Illustrator keeps a good journal and when I restart my computer, the file recovers well and I don't lose too much of my work.

Please let me know what kind of information about my Mac or Illustrator you would need to identify the problem. I must say that I have been using Illustrator for some time and I never encountered this type of problem. Is it possible that there is a problem with the file itself that I am using? Strange. Thank you for your help.

Hello Guys

I had the same problem for the last month. Today I reinstalled MacOs (I think) and that seemed to work for me.

I restarted my macbook, pressed down "command" + "r" and then just reinstalled the software. I did a backup before doing this but I didn't loose any data.

My Illustrater Works now perfectly fine. I even tried to make it crash (with copy and pasting lots of objects at the same time) but just the programm crashed and I could use my macbook perfectly fine.

In case you are still experience the macbook freeze you may want to try that. I recommend a backup in advance just in case anything goes wrong.

I hope that this will help you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator not responsive and system freezes

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it is a known problem with Illustrator and macOS or not. But after a while using it, the mouse pointer stop working and I can't do anything with macOS, and I have to switch off my Mac and restart it. At least, Illustrator keeps a good journal and when I restart my computer, the file recovers well and I don't lose too much of my work.

Please let me know what kind of information about my Mac or Illustrator you would need to identify the problem. I must say that I have been using Illustrator for some time and I never encountered this type of problem. Is it possible that there is a problem with the file itself that I am using? Strange. Thank you for your help.

Hello Guys

I had the same problem for the last month. Today I reinstalled MacOs (I think) and that seemed to work for me.

I restarted my macbook, pressed down "command" + "r" and then just reinstalled the software. I did a backup before doing this but I didn't loose any data.

My Illustrater Works now perfectly fine. I even tried to make it crash (with copy and pasting lots of objects at the same time) but just the programm crashed and I could use my macbook perfectly fine.

In case you are still experience the macbook freeze you may want to try that. I recommend a backup in advance just in case anything goes wrong.

I hope that this will help you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 30, 2017 3
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are You using?

Tere is common issue with performance of Illustrator CC v2017

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 0
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have the latest version 21.0.1 (I am a member of Adobe apps and I always update my apps when they are available).

But I have resolved the problem. This is a bug, because I have transferred my drawing to a new file and the problem disappeared. The first file was probably corrupted and was the cause of my problem, I think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bernard,

Please send the first file (corrupted) to ShareWithAi@adobe.com

-Rama

Illustrator Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2017 0
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you the file that created the freezing problem of macOS. I did not get a feedback from you and I am very frustrated because even if I create a new page which contains some elements of the corrupted file, the same problem reappears. I am loosing a lot of my precious time because of that bug. Could you respond to this reply please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and I can't rely on Illustrator anymore. Its definitely Illustrator's issue because my computer freezes only when I use Illustrator, with other apps its fine. I also lost a lot of my work already because of this...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 4
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply because, I was wondering if I was alone to endure this problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem. Not a fan of hard rebooting my computer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 2
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially when my computer comes back after a hard restart, some applications (such as Safari) do not behave normally. I have to restart my Mac (normally) to have everything working correctly. Until I dare to restart Illustrator because, I am under the clock to finish a project. I have lost a lot of time because of that. I hope that Adobe is aware if this BIG problem. I am also wondering why macOS can not discover the problem...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok guys, newest update to AI, brings to us much better performance, and less problems even with big projects, so go for it and update software

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this update doesn't help. I have Illustrator 2017.1 and I have reinstalled MacOS and the problem is still there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 0
Resources