Highlighted

Illustrator Not Working

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook which updated to the Catalina version and I now no longer have access to my illustrator, and it is now forcing me to purchase it even though i already paid for it! I don't want the new version as i have been working on projects on the v16.0. However it won't let me open this now! What are my options here?! I am frustrated because I paid for this and now can't access it..

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

When Apple planned Catalina, it was designed to block all old apps and force every Mac owner to buy/subscribe to the latest apps. Part of the Joy of Mac, and while Adobe certainly benefit, it wasn't their choice. So versions up to 16, and beyond all the way up to 23 can no longer be used. You now need a subscription to Creative Cloud to get Illustrator, and need to use vesion 2020 (24.0 or later). (Or run an old system somehow).

Options: Illustrator, annual contract (cancellation fee), about $20. Illustrator, monthly contract, about $30. All apps, annual contract, about $50.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Not Working

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook which updated to the Catalina version and I now no longer have access to my illustrator, and it is now forcing me to purchase it even though i already paid for it! I don't want the new version as i have been working on projects on the v16.0. However it won't let me open this now! What are my options here?! I am frustrated because I paid for this and now can't access it..

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

When Apple planned Catalina, it was designed to block all old apps and force every Mac owner to buy/subscribe to the latest apps. Part of the Joy of Mac, and while Adobe certainly benefit, it wasn't their choice. So versions up to 16, and beyond all the way up to 23 can no longer be used. You now need a subscription to Creative Cloud to get Illustrator, and need to use vesion 2020 (24.0 or later). (Or run an old system somehow).

Options: Illustrator, annual contract (cancellation fee), about $20. Illustrator, monthly contract, about $30. All apps, annual contract, about $50.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use CS6 forever, you should plan to maintain a Mac that never gets updated past OS 10.9 (officially, that is).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a hacky method that may work:

http://www.bonevphotography.com/blog/files/d22e8464bc13dd9dfebffcda170399ea-101.php

I have not tried this and your mileage may vary.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0