Highlighted

Illustrator Older Version

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newer version of Illustrator 2020 has been lagging and stauttering since the 2019 version. I can't use illustrator and it's frustrating. Is there a way to install the older versions like CS5.5 or CS6? I use a 2013, 15'inch macbook, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM. GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Any help would be appreciated as I'm getting jobs but can't seem to use illustrator. A work around with photoshop isn't always possible/convenient. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

It's not sure that Illustrator version CS5 or CS6 would run at all on that system. It does for some users, but not for everyone.

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Older Version

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newer version of Illustrator 2020 has been lagging and stauttering since the 2019 version. I can't use illustrator and it's frustrating. Is there a way to install the older versions like CS5.5 or CS6? I use a 2013, 15'inch macbook, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM. GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Any help would be appreciated as I'm getting jobs but can't seem to use illustrator. A work around with photoshop isn't always possible/convenient. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

It's not sure that Illustrator version CS5 or CS6 would run at all on that system. It does for some users, but not for everyone.

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fidel,

If you have the licence(s), it ought to be possible to go down to the right page here, also for CC 2019,

https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

But you may wish to keep the current one in any case.

I would suggest your keeping the current versi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I also run the 2018 version and it gave me the same lagging issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fidel,

My suggestion was (meant as) that you also keep the current version (together with any current/reinstalled lower one(s)), at least for the reason that it can make it easier to cooperate with others.

I apologize for its woolliness.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system is on your Macbook?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running High Siera 10.13.6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0