Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator on ipad, some .ai files are greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

some files I've created on my desktop illustrator and then saved like on gdrive, appears greyed our when try to open them on ipad via import and open.

The same file seem to work okay if I save it on cloud documents from the desktop and then open it from the cloud on the ipad.

Any idea of why that

TOPICS
Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to save them as cloud documents (.aic) to be able to open them on the iPad version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thanks but how am I supposed to know that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same problem. Couldn't figure out how to make it work! Based on the link Ton Fredericks sent, AI for iPad opens BOTH cloud and native files. And I was having trouble with both.
Finally, based on something I saw in an unrelated tutorial, I opened a new document of the desired size, used the "insert photo" button, and all my files showed up normally. I was able to select and open the file flawlessly.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines