• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Pie charts don't show numbers inside wedges after data is entered

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in AI 2020. Creating pie charts. Enter data along rows. Make sure style says Legends in Wedges and First Column in Front. When I apply the data, the wedges conform to the data, but the numbers aren't showing inside the wedges? Why not? Where are they? What am I doing wrong? Please help!!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Try putting each number inside quotation marks in the top row for the labels and have the data as numbers in the 2nd row.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

What @Myra Ferguson said is correct, but only part of the story. You must put the top row in quote marks as shown:

1.jpg

Then you need to double click on the graph tool to get the pop up menu, so that you can change the preference from Standard Legend to put it inside the wedge. Once you do that, you can change the size of the type of that number if you need to.

2.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try putting each number inside quotation marks in the top row for the labels and have the data as numbers in the 2nd row.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @Myra Ferguson said is correct, but only part of the story. You must put the top row in quote marks as shown:

1.jpg

Then you need to double click on the graph tool to get the pop up menu, so that you can change the preference from Standard Legend to put it inside the wedge. Once you do that, you can change the size of the type of that number if you need to.

2.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I've tried it, I see that it works great, but now, after I've made color and font changes, when I edit the data, the point size of the numbers go back to their default. I'm happy to say that the colors hold when editing at least, but does anyone know how to make the numbers remain the desired size–not the default?

And while I'm talking about AI secret fixes, can you also tell me how to place a percentage sign after the numbers in the pie chart? If I do it manually, after editing the data, the % signs disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this topic! Adobe should really do something about this! It's poorly thought and designed and totally counter intuitive…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I 100% agree.. the grpahs panel definitely needs an upgrade as it's such an important tool.. I design reports and sometimes prefer illustrator over indesign because of all the vectors and graphics I have.. but the graph tool isn't making my life much easier.. sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines