• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator preferences keep changing

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator preferences keep changing every time I go online. specifically, the reflect tool keeps opting to offer up the angle option, instead of my prefered option vertical which is what I always use and very often so this is a massive pain in the ass. Any ideas why this is happening be a great help. I've tried loading my own preferences but as soon as I connect to wifi it returns. I have the latest version and it's asking about creative cloud for saving so it must have linked up somehow?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By defualt you should have the vertical option. Are you crashing any?

If you changed to the angled option, Ilustrator remembers your last used setting from ram cache.  When you physcially choose quit your settings are saved to the prefs file, not before choosing quit. 

So if you crash then your Ilustrator prefs revert to what was sasved last tiem you quit.

Now what do you mean exactly by going online,. To use Ilustrator your compiter should be online and logged into your Adobe cloud account to work best. Are you offline, because you are travelling on a plane or such?

Change your settings to what you wish, then file >> quit  Illustrator. If aht dont work, reset yor prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not crashing no, and as said I've even tried saving a preference file exporting it and then importing it but this only works if I take myself offline like something on line is causing the preference for this tool to constantly change its only started doing it since today 23 08 2020

Ie I put my PC into airplane mode. Then I have no issue. So just to be clear,

I'm going offline due to this issue, maybe it has something to do with the cloud settings since the update ???? why has it only started today?

Maybe I have to to do a new install 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines