Highlighted

Illustrator problems

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kia ora Adobe crew. I've recently spent over $300 to buy the new Illustrator after my old CS4 version started to behave oddly. Now it is useable for only a few minutes ( I am a basic user, essentially just "inking" imported pencil drawings for taxonomic work (with an Intuos tablet). For some reason the Pencil tool starts drawing line segments and generally messes about, the Lasso tool does not work, Transform operations do not work, the magnification jumps from one to another, the Text tool does not work and inserts some obscure text, not mine, and even the keyboard does not work when  I try searching via Chrome/Duck Duck go. I notice that my computer has recently been updated by Windows 10 to the 10.0.40219 version, on 23 June. I have an Acer Aspire computer, with separate keyboard, wired mouse and the wire Intuos tablet. Please help!!! Many thanks, Graham.

PS I am fairly computer illiterate when  it come to operating/settings etc

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator problems

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kia ora Adobe crew. I've recently spent over $300 to buy the new Illustrator after my old CS4 version started to behave oddly. Now it is useable for only a few minutes ( I am a basic user, essentially just "inking" imported pencil drawings for taxonomic work (with an Intuos tablet). For some reason the Pencil tool starts drawing line segments and generally messes about, the Lasso tool does not work, Transform operations do not work, the magnification jumps from one to another, the Text tool does not work and inserts some obscure text, not mine, and even the keyboard does not work when  I try searching via Chrome/Duck Duck go. I notice that my computer has recently been updated by Windows 10 to the 10.0.40219 version, on 23 June. I have an Acer Aspire computer, with separate keyboard, wired mouse and the wire Intuos tablet. Please help!!! Many thanks, Graham.

PS I am fairly computer illiterate when  it come to operating/settings etc

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 25, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the same happen when you uninstall the Wacom tablet and use a mouse?

We are talking about Illustrator version 24.2, right?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you joined the Creative Cloud?  If so awesome.  CS4 is so so so so so so so so so old.  Do not get me wrong, but there have been so many updates since then.  You will find the latest version of Illustrator to be amazing!!!  And your workflow will increase 10 fold.

Which Intuos do you have?  I can tell you that if you do not find a solution here.... there are two Wacom Tablet groups on Facebook and all the members are super helpful. 

Currently, I am using a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 1 and Cintiq Companion 2.  Like you, I create a lot of linework based on illustrations that I have imported into Illustrator.    I primarily draw directly on the screen....  but I do know the Intuos is also pretty brilliant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0