• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator program stuck in Landscape Orientation on Win 10, Surface Book

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I specifically purchased a Surface Book from Microsoft so that I can use the Surface Book in portrait mode.  However, for some reason whenever I open Illustrator, it stays in landscape orientation even if the tablet is turned in Portrait.  When I run Photoshop, the orientation rotates no problem, so it seems specific to just Illustrator.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  And if so, has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Check this thread to see the official answer to your question:surface pro 4 screen rotate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you expect. Desktop apps are generally not orientation aware. Any such stuff would have to be handled by the graphics driver. In this particular case presumably AI opens with a fixed resolution it has stored in the preferences and since the app requests a specific size, the graphics driver does not rotate the screen. Ergo you have to delete the prefs every time you work in a different orientation, assuming that's even possible. There could be some issue with AI. It's an old lady with bad habbits that doesn't like to adapt to all this new-fangled stuff...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm finding is that it seems limited to just Illustrator and not any other adobe app (so it seems to be software related, not graphics card - but i'm no techy expert so could be wrong).  You can see in the attached video that even though the computer is in portrait mode, illustrator displays correctly in the background until the program is selected/active, then automatically switches to landscape.

558D75D3-D7A5-41C6-A0F0-089BCBB9A916.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to be a problem for photoshop, another old lady.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this thread to see the official answer to your question:surface pro 4 screen rotate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have the exact same issue ! your right I too thing its software based. Have you found out how to fix it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really love to figure out how to resolve this as well. Seeing as this thread is already old and there are no solutions, I guess I am out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This comment doesn't link to a solution anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this thread is 4 years old and a lot of old threads have been deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please bring this back because this REMAINS an issue even with Illustrator 2022 and Windows 11 on Surface Pro 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2023... Issue randomly pops up. Fixes after a month. Then comes back again. This is frustrating.

I'm  using a OneXplayer2.

It uses AMD. Not Nvidia.

Software based. All adobe based. Not hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines