• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator relinking files not working, invalid link — cannot read file.

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I'm having an issue that whenever my computer rests for a while, it restarts and then my illustrator documents unlink random pngs that have been in the file previously. The pngs haven't been moved or renamed or anything, but when I open it and try to relink there, Illustrator stops responding. Then when I open it and try to relink in the links panel, nothing happens. Then if I try to just place that same file in, I get a dialog box that says "invalid link, cannot read file." Any idea how to rememdy this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

How deeply buried is this link? Is the full file path more than 255 characters long? Try shortening the file path and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How deeply buried is this link? Is the full file path more than 255 characters long? Try shortening the file path and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines