• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator resizes my artboard to fit images (purposefully left halfaway out) while exporting?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I've been using Illustrator for a while but I reinstalled after it had an issue and now it runs fine but I've had to deal with this. I usually use graphics and leave some part of them out of the artboard and it used to crop what was left out and keep the image as it was while I exported but it doesn't now. Illustrator resizes the artboard to fit the images left out. Am I missing something? Has it always been like this and I have to go and crop it by myself so that the artboard stays the same or is there some option I can switch off? I left an example down there of what it looks. THANKS.when I export in JPG it resized the image to fit what I left outwhen I export in JPG it resized the image to fit what I left outI want to leave out that part and sort of crop it while exportingI want to leave out that part and sort of crop it while exporting

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the "Use Artboards" checkbox when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines