• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Resume Can't Be Read by Bots

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a resume in Illustrator and saved as a PDF. But after not getting responses on any jobs from Indeed (even jobs that I was very qualified for) I put my resume through a bot scanner online and it could not be read by the bot. Has anyone else run into this issue and is there any way to save this resume without having to start over?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

As @carlosgarro said, type must be left as real type. If you are converting to outlines, the bots can't read anything. If you are using fancy fonts when you upload resumes, I suggest that you convert to fonts that are legible to these bots to get past them. You can still have a nicely formated resume using the suggested fonts at:

https://www.jobscan.co/blog/best-fonts-resume-ats-recruiter/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Maybe the PDF Settings that you choose are not correct for this purpose.

Which one did you use?

Did you convert the text to outlines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @carlosgarro said, type must be left as real type. If you are converting to outlines, the bots can't read anything. If you are using fancy fonts when you upload resumes, I suggest that you convert to fonts that are legible to these bots to get past them. You can still have a nicely formated resume using the suggested fonts at:

https://www.jobscan.co/blog/best-fonts-resume-ats-recruiter/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines