Illustrator's performance issues on macOS BigSur

Participant ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I typically use PC, but am doing some work for someone and using my mac. I have a macbook pro 2020, core i7. I consider this to be a capable machine but have to say the suite of adobe apps on it is just abysmal.

Illustrator:

1. Prefs do not save. I can set it to say mm as units and on next restart its back to points.

2. 50% it crashes on exit anyway

3. Really slow to use, like not a pleasant experience, menus, key strokes everything is just syrupy.

4. If you have links panel up, it gets even slower

5. If I restart the mac it will play nice for a short period, but its like there is a memory leek or something and gets worse. 

It geuninly feels like I am trying to run illustrator on an ancient laptop, what ever peoples opinion of apple are it should be a capable laptop.

Whilst I am here:

Why no spell check in this forum, this is 2021.

Why do we have to have a specific adobe app for 2 factor, its not necessery and only supports one account. I am using 3 accounts. Just gives us typical 2 factor we can add to our authenticator app please.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused due to these issues. Let us help you fix this. I would need a few more details like:

• Version of Illusrator (We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2021 (v 25.2.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v25.2.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.)
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Is the issue related to a specific documents? Where do you generally save your files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

Please try the steps suggested on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu... ) and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

In reference to your questions. I have the latestet everything installed.

It happens on EVERY document in illustrator and indesign  but I have a work around. I have to have activity monitor open and every time there is a 'spindump' to force quit that process. I suspect it has to do with creativecloud libraries as very typically 90% of the time if I try to take something from a library or put it in a spindump will occur

The spindumps ONLY occur when adobe apps are open. When the spindump is collating the app becomes a dog, if I force quit the spindump the app returns to normal.

I will cancel a spin dump around every 3-4 minutes, its killing my productivity.

I have completly deleted CC and apps using the delete tool and reinstalled with no success.

But please, do continue to take my money.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines