Illustrator save cancelling when followed by save as and saving a PDF

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm suddenly having an issue with saving in illustrator. Once I have made a change and try to save over the original file (cmd+s) I quickly follow this by saving a PDF proof to send to clients (shift+cmd+s). This is how I have always worked but lately when I go back to the files the illustrator file has not updated. As soon as I am pressing shift+cmd+s it is overriding the original save. I have lost a fair amount of work due to this and I've never had an issue before.

I've spoken to adobe who say it is a computer issue and to complain to apple but I'm not sure about that and just wondered if anyone else had come across the same issue and had a solution before I contact them?

I know I can just wait to make sure the ai file has saved before making my proofs but old habits die hard and 100% going to lose my work again because of this.

TOPICS
Bug, Feature request, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it make a difference if you go to Preferences >File handling&Clipboard and uncheck the box that says Save in Background?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines