Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Screen flickering with stylus on Windows 10 Thinkpad

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga370 with the included stylus. When I try to draw with the stylus in Illustrator, the screen blinks black for a split second. This only happens when the stylus first touches the screenand won't recur until I lift the stylus and place it down again. I have not been able to recreate using any other apps (Photoshop is fine & all non-Adobe that I've tested).

Any idea what might be causing this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. This could be related to driver issues. Please try updating stylus from from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...

Let us know if this helps or the issue still persists.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srihti,

Thanks for your response. I have checked using Lenovo service bridge and there are no driver updates available for my machine. I have also bought a Wacom Bamboo Ink stylus in the hope that the issue was stylus related but same issue in Illustrator (no issue in Photoshop or MS Paint). 

It also seems important to note that this flicker only appears with the Brush, Blob Brush & Shaper tools, all others seem to work fine.

I have added a video of what I am seeing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zyc1RdVBWf1Cfe1ZA

Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the video. Please try the steps shared on this help article. If that doesn't help either, we might need to troubleshoot this on a live session. In that case, please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines