• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - shape sizes

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Use Preview Bounds" is unchecked. The rectangles stay the size at which I create them. But, for example, . . .  a 2" x 8" rectangle and a 4" x 8" rectange placed together equal 6.0069" x 8". I'm guessing I don't have them exactly placed together. How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teresa,

You ought to be able to do it accurately in multiple ways.

What happens if you (have Smart Guides on and) ClickDrag one of them by a corner Anchor Point to snap to the relevant corner Anchor Point of the other one?

Or what happens if you use Distribute Spacing (under Align, click both, then click the one to align to) with Spacing set to 0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also make sure that you are using the dialog box to create the rectangles and not drawing them out, unless snap to rulers and rulers set at one inch increments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines