• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Side Scroll Issue

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using illustrator for a long while with a few different computers. Right now I'm working on my windows 10 desktop which is very powerful and usually runs everything perfectly. However, just today when I was working in illustrator, I found that pressing control (Ctrl) in any situation causes the screen to scroll to the right until it gets to the end of the work space. I can't use any quick commands or keyboard commands without the side scrolling effect. It's not in key commands and according to what I've looked at already "Ctrl" on it's own should just switch you to your last used tool. It's becoming really irritating as I am used to key commands and use them without thinking and I end up copying or trying to zoom and find that I'm on the other side of my work space suddenly. Thank you in advance for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm... that's a strange behaviour.

• Could it be a sticky Ctrl-key on your keyboard? E.g. you think you press it once, but it actually remains pushed down enough to be active, so when you use the mouse it thinks it's still pressed? Might just require a keyboard clean?
  • If that's not it, try resetting your Illustrator preferences: see: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Hope one of these works.

Cari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned my keyboard and it had no effect and I've reset the preferences without effect as well. It's seems to be related to keyboard key commands but I don't know how to fix that. I would also like  to note that the mouse has no effect on the command. If I try to scroll left while hold the ctrl key, it doesn't move because it's being forced right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released an update for Illustrator CC (2017) that focusses on fixing a series of bugs, including "stability-related fixes'. Have you installed the latest updates? I'd opt to once again clear preferences before doing so, then install the latest release. See also Illustrator CC 17.0.1 release notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One additional thing you can try is, if you are the admin of your computer:

• Create a new admin user on the computer
  • And log in as that new user, then try to use Illustrator.
  • Basically what that ensures is that all the user-generated preferences are all set afresh. IF it works as a new user, then the issue is related to a preference or driver setting on your other account being different all of a sudden.

Some other things to try:

• Have you installed the latest drivers for the mouse you are using on your Windows system?
  • Can you try connecting ANOTHER mouse that needs different drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? Just encountered the same problem, but scrolling to the left. I am updating AI right now to v23.0 (beleive I was operating on v 22.1). Hoping this is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an older post but I have just has the same issue. After trying MANY fixes, I found uninstalling/reinstalling soved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines