• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator slowed down immensely after last update (Windows PC)

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Ever since the last illustrator update my export speeds have slowed to a crawl. The specific moment is right after I click the export button. from this moment to the time it brings up the files window to pick a destination folder is close to a minute of wait time when it used to just pop up. 
also just closing documents without saving causes illustator to give a "not responding" error. 

Running a i9 9900K with a ASUS ROG RTX 2080 SUPER  and 32GB RAM.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble! I know that's really frustrating. Is Illustrator up to date? Which operating system you are working on? Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble! I know that's really frustrating. Is Illustrator up to date? Which operating system you are working on? Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

You may also try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines