• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Splash Screen Not Responding, Causing Illustrator to Crash At Launch

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all. Has anyone ever faced this problem where Illustrator's splash screen is unresponsive? The splash screen status would be stuck at "initialising" and blacks out after a while. I checked my task manager and saw Adobe's crash report program was active, so I guess it crashed but I don't know why bcoz even Adobe's own diagnostic tool would go into the "not responding" state when it was triggered. I think I tried almost all the solutions I could find on the forums, including renaming the preference file in C:/, renaming the media core file, uninstalling and reinstalling, updating to a newer version of AI and rolling back to older versions. None of them worked. Not sure if it was a foreshadowing, but Adobe would always crash when closing some weeks prior to this current problem. Not sure if this an issue with AI's software or my laptop system. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not in any way useful if you don't provide any actual system info and crash details from the Event Viewer or the Adobe logs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Where are the log files usually stored? I'm seeing a lot of log files when I search the Adobe folder in File Explore, but I'm not entirely sure which to pick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To show log files on the forum, please attach them or post them on pastebin.

Don't paste them into a post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to try the suggestions given on this community post & let us know if they help.

If you've already tried all these, I'd recommend connecting with Adobe technical support team(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...). Please click on the chat icon at the bottom of the page to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on a live session & assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have this EXACT issue and have been trying to obtain a tech who can help me for over 5 days now, Its EXTREMELY frustrating. Were you able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines