Highlighted

Illustrator Starts with Layer Locked and Visibility Off

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator starts with the visibility off and layer locked. If I create a new file it also starts with visibility off and the layer locked. I am not sure if this is a feature or something I inadvertantly turned on. It is just a bit of an annoyance in my workflow, but certainly not a huge deal. I am a little embarrased that I can't find a solution. I'm a 20 year Illustrator veteran and this is the first time I've ever needed to ask a question in the community forums. Thanks for your help!

????????

Correct answer by Dan_INL | Community Beginner

@pixxxel_schubser,

You got it, one of my preset profiles was messed up somehow. Not sure how that happedened.

For anyone with the same issue just go to Library>Application Support>Adobe>Adobe Illustrator 24 [or whatever version you are on] >en_US>New Document Profiles

Open the profile in Illustrator that is giving you the problem, correct the problem, and save it. You can also open one and create a new one accordiing to the specifications you would like and save it with a New Name back into the same folder. It will then show up in your profile selections when you create a new file.

Topics

Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Starts with Layer Locked and Visibility Off

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator starts with the visibility off and layer locked. If I create a new file it also starts with visibility off and the layer locked. I am not sure if this is a feature or something I inadvertantly turned on. It is just a bit of an annoyance in my workflow, but certainly not a huge deal. I am a little embarrased that I can't find a solution. I'm a 20 year Illustrator veteran and this is the first time I've ever needed to ask a question in the community forums. Thanks for your help!

????????

Correct answer by Dan_INL | Community Beginner

@pixxxel_schubser,

You got it, one of my preset profiles was messed up somehow. Not sure how that happedened.

For anyone with the same issue just go to Library>Application Support>Adobe>Adobe Illustrator 24 [or whatever version you are on] >en_US>New Document Profiles

Open the profile in Illustrator that is giving you the problem, correct the problem, and save it. You can also open one and create a new one accordiing to the specifications you would like and save it with a New Name back into the same folder. It will then show up in your profile selections when you create a new file.

Topics

Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dan_INL,

IMHO that is not a normal behaviour.

What Illustrator version do you work with?

Which preset do you use for creating a new file?

Is the behaviour the same with other presets too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to check my presets...good thinking

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 12.52.04 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pixxxel_schubser,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you were able to find the solution, and we appreciate you sharing it with Adobe community. It'll help other users having similar issues.
Feel free to reach out if you have any other concern, we'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines