• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator stops working while having multiple tabs open.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having two or more tabs open, Illustrator stops responding to any commands. The last window I would be working in stays visible, but I can't tab to any other open window. I can close (and save the work), the tabs but am not able to do anything until quitting Illustrator and opening again. I've seen a couple of suggestions that say that I can use floating windows, but that makes working in that manner much more difficult as far as moving and adjusting items accurately. It doesn't appear like a software crash but it's definitely annoying and needlessly time consuming. Any insight will most appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work with floating windows? Just to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works in a floating window, but the tools in the top window bar are no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the control panel? It vanishes or are the windows just hiding it?

So the other threads don't have any solution other than working with floating windows?

Is it already the current version 24.2?

You don't have any third party plugins installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issues is resolved by now. We'd appreciate if you can share the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issue, please share the information asked in earlier responses.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines