Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Strokes Overlap - How to Get Smooth Edge

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to Illustrator so please excuse me if the fix is super simple. I am creating a banner design and I need these two shapes I made (each have a stroke), the strokes overlap a little bit and stick out. Is there any simple or easy fix for this? I attached a snip below.

If you need more information please let me know, and thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

In short: Select items and in Stroke panel> Corner -Round Join icon.

You may start by previewing it in View>Outline mode,  in order to see if the stroke ends fit or coincide in that junstion or corner.

If they does not, make sure in View menu, Snap to point is active (a V at left of the command name in the menu).

To make two corners precisely coincide or align, select an item or a stroke by clicking on the end or corner, do not release, hold on the mouse and drag that point over the other, the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short: Select items and in Stroke panel> Corner -Round Join icon.

You may start by previewing it in View>Outline mode,  in order to see if the stroke ends fit or coincide in that junstion or corner.

If they does not, make sure in View menu, Snap to point is active (a V at left of the command name in the menu).

To make two corners precisely coincide or align, select an item or a stroke by clicking on the end or corner, do not release, hold on the mouse and drag that point over the other, the cursor will change from a black arrow head to white.

Now, on the Strokes panel, click on the Round Join Corner icon .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

tromboniator_0-1590480962394.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines