• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator suddenly unable to open .png

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem earlier today- illustrator suddenly would no longer create PNG files. I came on here, found a solution and used it. It solved my problem with being able to save .ai files as .png but seems to have created a new problem. I can no longer open png files and get an error message. The script I installed this morning is:

key = 'plugin/PNGFileFormat/Resolution'

app.preferences.removePreference(key)

app.preferences.setRealPreference(key, 300.0)

I'm running Windows 10 and adobe illustrator CS5.

Thanks in advance!!

Here is the error:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Recent updates to Windows 10 have made Illustrator CS5 virtually unusable on that OS. If you've been able to run it up to now you can consider yourself lucky. Windows 10 is continually updating itself so the only assurance that you have that Illustrator will run correctly if you continue to use that OS is to use a version that is compatible with it which means updating to Creative Cloud—specifically CC 2018. Otherwise you will need to use an older version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent updates to Windows 10 have made Illustrator CS5 virtually unusable on that OS. If you've been able to run it up to now you can consider yourself lucky. Windows 10 is continually updating itself so the only assurance that you have that Illustrator will run correctly if you continue to use that OS is to use a version that is compatible with it which means updating to Creative Cloud—specifically CC 2018. Otherwise you will need to use an older version of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10(1909)version , illustrator 2021 version I still face error - plug in could not understand the file . Ive been trying to open a png file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try and open the PNG in Photoshop and save it from there.

Probably yours is a variant of the specification that Illustrator doesn't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines