• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator SVG file won't open in Draw.io

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a diagram created in Illustrator. I need to be able to open that file in Draw.io and still be able to edit the diagram. I've tried saving/exporting as an svg but Draw.io will not recognize it. I have to open the svg file in Visio and save it as a vsd in order for Draw.io to recognize it. That problem is that Visio removes all of the text formatting. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

How do you export that artwork from Illustrator?

Save for screens has the most modern code.

Then run that SVG through the W3C validator. If the code is valid, then the issue is with draw.io, not with Illustrator.

Don't expect anything to be fully editable or to retain formatting. This is not a native file format of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you export that artwork from Illustrator?

Save for screens has the most modern code.

Then run that SVG through the W3C validator. If the code is valid, then the issue is with draw.io, not with Illustrator.

Don't expect anything to be fully editable or to retain formatting. This is not a native file format of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines