• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator: SVG with embedded Image vanishing

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone come across this issue before?

I've got an embedded image on AI, which I then exported into SVG - I usually like to double check my files so I opened the exported SVG on AI to make sure everything is correct, but all the settings I've had on the SVG file including the image turns blank has vanished?

This is basically 2 embedded JPEGs with 2 colours overlayed (Screen as blending mode)

Original on AI

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 17.24.25.png

SVG opened on AI after export:

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 17.25.25.png

I can see that the exported SVG looks correct on preview via Finder (I'm on Macs) and also it shows correctly when opened on Chrome, but why does it look so different when re-opened on AI? Did I use the wrong settings on export?

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 17.30.32.png

Any help would be appreciated (I've attached the file in case anyone wants to check the SVG file...), thanks!!!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

others may correct me if i am wrong. but .jpg or pixel based images do not work for SVG? SVG is for vector. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SVG is for vector but it can contain linked or embedded images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines