Illustrator: system compatibility Report Intel HD Graphics 620 unsupported video driver

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a illustrator 2021, on a lenovo yoga laptop windows 10.  Suddenly I opened Illustrator to work on an existing file and I got the message: system compatibility Report Intel HD Graphics 620 unsupported video driver.  I have repeatedly gotten the up to date driver and uninstalled and reinstalled illustrator....but still the error comes up and I have to contro alt delete to shut it down.

help!

Meg

TOPICS
Bug, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2021
sanjaykr Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2021
Hi @vjw43250504 ,   It looks like NVIDIA is not releasing any new drivers for this card. The last driver update seems to be released on 2019.4.11.  Since this is an old hardware for which NVIDIA has discontinued updates to the driver, You will not be able to update to the latest driver. Though you can disable this System compatibility report from preferences.   Sanjay.

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. We have launched this new feature which checks the compatibility of your machine. If even after updating your drivers you're getting this system compatibility report. Please turn this off by unchecking "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General.

I am also attaching a screenshot for your reference:

Ashutosh_Mishra_0-1613639542151.jpeg

Hope it helps.

Additionally, we'd request you to upvote & add your comment on this Illustrator UserVoice post(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/42662191-system...)and stay tuned for the updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me but I am unable to select the preferences as you recommend because the program it is totally locked...frozen.  I have to hit control alt delete to close Illustrator.  Is there another way to get around this...I am dead in the preverbial digital sea!  Thanks Meg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-- On Second Thought: I decided my suggestion here was too crazy, so I'm removing it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the system compatibility report also give you the option of "continue with known issue" as seen in screen shot below?  This is what the screen looked like to me in version 25.1  circa last week.  If you have that option, click on it and you can access the normal interface, and go to preferences ... so you can try to make the change suggested by Ashutosh Mishra.  Overall, it seems I was dealing with same issue with Lenovo Yoga, with combination of integrated Intel Graphics 620, and the add-on Nvidia GeForce GTX1050. The system checker says your Intel graphics are not up to standard, because it doesn't seem to recognize that the laptop has other capability beyond the integrated graphics. One solution offered to me via tech support at the time was to put the Nvidia graphics as a preference, but it also required "uninstalling" the integrated Intel Graphics 620. This allowed me to work with the application, but was super frustrating. That may not be the current recommendation, but I share the above for your information, in case it's useful to you for further troubleshooting.  I think the "show system compatibility" checkbox was perhaps added in response to so many people encountering this issue?  I don't recall seeing that checkbox when I was troubleshooting last week, maybe it's in the 25.2 update?

Screenshot 2021-02-09 231512.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my recent post had an error, I meant to say Intel HD Grahpics 30 for my Lenovo Yoga.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultanfqlqxoorqr ,

Can you please attach the "System Compatibility Report" file. You can get this file by clicking on "Export Report..." button on the System Compatibility Report Dialog.

Sanjay.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing on Lenovo G50 Laptop "NVIDIA GeForce GT 820M". Here is my system report. Will do what suggested above. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vjw43250504 ,

It looks like NVIDIA is not releasing any new drivers for this card. The last driver update seems to be released on 2019.4.11. 

Since this is an old hardware for which NVIDIA has discontinued updates to the driver, You will not be able to update to the latest driver. Though you can disable this System compatibility report from preferences.

Sanjay.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Sanjaykr for your suggestion.  Sadly, I can't get to the report button or to the coninue with known problem because those options are out of view and unaccessable.  I can't scroll down to get to them because the program is so frozen that I cannot interact with the touch screen or the buttons or the scroll bar (if one was available... which it isn't).

I will attempt to post a screen shot of what I am talking about...

thank you for your continued help with this issue...I am a graphic designer so I am a little desperate!

Meg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
defaultanfqlqxoorqr AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your help, advice and support.  But most of all thank you to kevind89446956  who suggested that in order to get through the frozen screen I could hit the esc key which then allows me to get to Illustrator's preferences!  This allowed me to do as Sanjay initally suggested which was to: "uncheck "Show system compatibility issues at startup" under Preferences > General".  It works!  I am free to illustrate again!  Thanks again...my first experience with the community was very positive and successful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines