• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator to PDF color issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i'm having issues with Illustrator saving into a PDF format. 

First image is the file in Illustrator, 2nd and 3rd are from the pdf which shows that there is some grey scale colors going but it just doesn't seem to want to allow the colors to come through at all.

Specs were Panton colors whichg i converted to non spotted cmyk colors. I tried saving the file from an illustator pdf, high quality, and small file to see if there was any kind of difference. The colors does not seem to want to show properly at all. other things i have tired to adjust to see if there was any problems.

- expanded all items into an outline to see if that was an issue

- checked all color objects to see if there was some kind of effect or blend mode option on the colors.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

i was using acrobat DC which i uninstalled and reinstalled and it started showing the correct colors again. idk what that was about and why it was doing that at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing your PDF in Acrobat or Reader with the page display preference to Use overprint preview set to Always?

It looks like there are transparent and/or overprinting elements in your PDF, which might not display correctly in non-Adobe viewers. If this is the case, and you need the PDF to view correctly on other viewers, try saving your PDF as PDF/X-1a which should flatten the transparency, Alternately, you can save the .ai file as a PDF using the Illustrator defaults (usually good for printing) and re-save it in Acrobat as PDF/X-1a (File> Save as other).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i was using acrobat DC which i uninstalled and reinstalled and it started showing the correct colors again. idk what that was about and why it was doing that at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines