• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator - unexpected errors during save creates second file with numbered name

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem of Illustrator throwing up unexpected errors during saves has been happening for a couple of years on my Mac. 

I also get the message of the file having been modified outside of Illustrator (it isn't).

PLUS I have the additional issue of a second file being placed in the file's folder with the same name an ai plus a ten digit number preceding the original file name.

This happens 10 or 12 times a day.

The files with the numbers in front then can't be deleted until I do a restart. (Personally this part of the issue is my IT company screwing up my permissions on our server. Very frustrating and one they seem incapable of fixing).

I solve the initial problem by deleting the Illustrator preferences. And then, with the MANY Creative Cloud updates I have to go back and do it over and over again.

Have to say I'm fed up with the recurring bug.

Is there a permanent fix?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try and disable the setting "Save in background" and maybe also "Improve saving over networks" in Preferences > File handling & Clipboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines