Highlighted

Illustrator Update June 2020 problems

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just updated Illustrator and I ma having a number of problems.

1. Slow and responsive.
    Sometimes it just wount do anything. It evenutally gets going again, but quite annoying. Sometimes it's part of the program that doesn't work. Example: I could move an object by selecting and dragging it. I could change it colour and move it using the move command.
  2. Font management software bug
    When I open my font management software program, I get a load of error messages that pop up, stating that distillar is already in use. I can't use Illustrator until I close all the box, which can be quite a lot!
  3. Slow to save
    Again just a general slowness of the program, but saving to my computer seems to take a lot longer. It's just each part of the process takes a lot longer than beofre.
  4. Recovery after crash effect images
    When I restore after a crash, the images seem to have shrunk. Weird!

This is the first time that an update has caused problems, but this time it is so noticably worse I had to ask for a response.

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Update June 2020 problems

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just updated Illustrator and I ma having a number of problems.

1. Slow and responsive.
    Sometimes it just wount do anything. It evenutally gets going again, but quite annoying. Sometimes it's part of the program that doesn't work. Example: I could move an object by selecting and dragging it. I could change it colour and move it using the move command.
  2. Font management software bug
    When I open my font management software program, I get a load of error messages that pop up, stating that distillar is already in use. I can't use Illustrator until I close all the box, which can be quite a lot!
  3. Slow to save
    Again just a general slowness of the program, but saving to my computer seems to take a lot longer. It's just each part of the process takes a lot longer than beofre.
  4. Recovery after crash effect images
    When I restore after a crash, the images seem to have shrunk. Weird!

This is the first time that an update has caused problems, but this time it is so noticably worse I had to ask for a response.

Thanks

Mark

TOPICS
Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

We're extremely sorry to hear about these issues. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. Would you mind sharing a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • Screenshot of error messages.
  • Where the files are being saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

As you are facing multiple issues, I would suggest reaching us out to our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html. We can troubleshoot faster that way. 

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved by now. If it is, we'd appreciate if you can share the solution with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issue, please share the information asked in earlier response.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0