• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator using a lot of internet data

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have very limited internet data usage and was wondering how I can prevent Illustrator from using so much data. I've left the internet connection on overnight and the activity monitor has shown a big spike in usage, most of it fom illustrator. Auto update has been turned off, but it doesn't seem to help. Any advice please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than Creative Cloud Libraries, internet data transfer by Illustrator should be very light if nohting at all. 

Creative Cloud Libraries in Illustrator

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/creative-cloud-libraries-sync-share-assets.html

There's an option to pause syncing in Creative Cloud Desktop.  You could try setting that to pause and then resume it  later when you have more bandwidth.

Creative Cloud Desktop Settings Syncing.png

Have you considered going offline while Illustrator is open?  I know that's not an ideal solution, but it might be the best one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turn off your computer when you are done with it?

sounds like you have a samll internet data package. what is the limit? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having this issue, we have a 100GB monthly SIM for internet which is usually plenty. On one day the Creative Cloud has used approx 10GB data on our new Macbook, never had this issue on our iMac for some reason.

All syncing has been turned off, and it still does it.

Have looked all online and can't find any answers and we are having to work around it, by using Illustrator with internet turned off, then restarting the computer before we can turn the internet back on to avoid it sucking up all the data. Really not sure what it's using all the network data for with syncing off, fonts off, cloud off, etc etc.

Very frustrating but we need to use the software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you turn off the synchronizing in the Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue, and pausing file syncing does not appear to resolve it. 7-10Mbps network usage, and I only have 10Mbps bandwidth. It seems to stop after about 5-10 minutes, but every time I restart Illustrator I have the same problem.

This started for me with the latest update that I installed Thursday; before then I had no issues with Internet usage and Illustrator. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if that fixes it. 

Here's a screenshot where you can see that file syncing is turned off, but Illustrator is just happily eating up all my bandwidth.

xtoqster_0-1617553772756.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines