Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator v.24.0.2 crashing repeatedly

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

The past two weeks I have been having a lot of problems while trying to work with Illustrator. I am using the 24.0.2 version on Windows 10. 

I can work with almost no problems on already created files.
The problem appears when I try to create a new file. Then, everything freezes. No response whatsoever and I always have to force shut down the program through task manager. 

I have tried reinstalling it, but the problem continues. 

It's extremely frustrating and a serious setback for my work.

Any helpful advice?

Below you can see the task manager status: 

task manager_appstask manager_appstask manager_backgroundtask manager_background

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if you have a default printer connected and turned on? If not, please set Adobe PDF as the default printer and check again.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have a default printer connected, nor turned on.

I will set Adobe pdf as default and check back with you

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the same problem appeared again. 

I had set the printer to Adobe PDF as default and restarted my laptop. 

Turned on AI, opened an already existing file, everything ok. 

Again, when I tried to create a new file, everything froze. 

This is the task manager view: 

appsappsbackround tasksbackround tasks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying Maria, could you please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check if you are able to create a new file. And if that doesn't help either, login to the Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s). Check how the application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, 

I tried the Safe Mode system boot and it actually worked. I could create a new file without AI crashing or freezing.

What is there to do now for AI to work properly outside Safe Mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria, Safe Mode starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. So please check if you have any external plugin which is conflicting with Illustrator and uninstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try to see if there is any conflict with my antivirus, because I don't have any other plugins or extensions running.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines