• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator v 25.2.2 - Multiple documents close instead of one - Resolved

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update of Illustrator v 25.2.2 whenever I have multiple documents open but try just closing one of them Illustator closes all my documents I'm working on.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Hi all,

We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v25.2.3  to get this fixed. Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43230714-update-25-2-2-closes-all-the-tabs-instead-of-one-t

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does illustrator quit after closing the document?
Is there any errors dialogue appears after closing?

Have you tried resetting illustrator preferences settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It started after updating 25.2.2. I reset preferences, restarted computer, no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lucy5E69 @OHKO_53 

We're sorry to hear about this trouble. We're currently investigating this issue and need your help with this. I have sent a DM to both of you. Please check and respond.

Also, please upvote this issue here ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43230714-update... ) if you have not do that already.

Please stay tuned for updates, and thanks in advance for your patience. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: We have tried to fix this issue in our latest beta buid. Please open Creative Cloud Desktop app and click on Beta apps and install Illustrator (PreRelease) version.

image (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't see any beta versions for Illustrator in the Adobe

Cloud Desktop App. Only Premiere Pro, … and others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out a few things and let us know how it goes.

• Please make sure that Illustrator is upto date.
  • Did you install any other beta version of Illustrator? If yes, try removing that. 
  • Sign out from Creative Cloud and sign in back again.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have no beta versions and Illustrator is up to date. Signed in and out of creative cloud. At first try, only 1 out of multiple windows/documents closed as it should. At second try, all documents closed again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a prerelease version, not a beta. 

You need to join the prerelease program first to have access (and see them) in the prerelease section of the CC app.

From Uservoice:

Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg to join our pre-release program and get the Prerelease build of version 25.2.2 from CCD“Prerelease” tab in Categories section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, joined the prerelease programm but I can't find the download link to 25.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prerelease can be found in the CC desktop app in the left Apps column under Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I joined prerelease, signed out and back into Creative Cloud and downloaded AI prerelease.
The problem is gone. Only one document closes, not all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I seem to only have a beta for Illustrator 2020 not a pre-release version for 2021, would love to try this beta out as I am also being effected by the tab issue. Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.12.27 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to join the prerelease program first to have access (and see them) in the prerelease section of the CC app.

From Uservoice:

Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg to join our pre-release program and get the Prerelease build of version 25.2.2 from CCD“Prerelease” tab in Categories section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue with Illustrator or if it is just me or I'm missing a setting perhaps?
When ever I go to close one of my open document tabs it closes all my open dcuments even though I'm only pressing the x in the top left corner of the tab I want to close.

I'm running Illustrator on Mac with the latest OS and it does this on both my iMac late 2015 & brand new Macbook Pro (Intel).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to reset your setting from preferences or maybe this is a bug in the latest version use 2020 for stable work...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, this hasn't fixed the issue for me unfortunately though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly the same problem for a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something was changed in 25.1. A checkbox to close all:

• Closing multiple file is tedious without an Apply to All option on File Close warning dialog

I wonder if that is related to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link, following through on the advice from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We have tried to address this issue in our Prerelease build of 25.2.2.
Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg to join our prerelease program and get the Prerelease build of version 25.2.2 from CCD “Prerelease” tab in Categories section. Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you.

We'd also request you to upvote & add your comment on this Adobe Illustrator UserVoice post to stay updated about the issue.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem seems solved with the Beta version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I have a bug : when i closed one file on Illustrator, all the files already open are automatically closed !

I try to restart my computer, nothing changes...

i need help, it's very painful..

Thx

JMarie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines