Highlighted

Illustrator v24.1.2 - copy and paste is broken on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste in Illustrator on Windows 10 seems to be broken. I can copy one object and paste it. After that, no further objects can be copied and pasted (either using the the keyboard shortcuts or by using the menu options under Edit). Copy and paste continues to work for text, but not for objects. (Incidentally, you can 'Cut' objects, but it will not then paste). The only way to get the function back is to reset all preferences (i.e. close Illustrator and then re-open it whilst holding down shift, ctrl and alt). You can then copy one object and paste it and after that it is broken again. I have tried completely uninstalling (removing all settings and preferences) and completing a clean install. Same thing happens every time. I am using version 24.1.2 (64 bit). Clean install from Creative Cloud desktop. Very frustrating as it renders Illustrator virtually useless! Any help greatly appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator v24.1.2 - copy and paste is broken on Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste in Illustrator on Windows 10 seems to be broken. I can copy one object and paste it. After that, no further objects can be copied and pasted (either using the the keyboard shortcuts or by using the menu options under Edit). Copy and paste continues to work for text, but not for objects. (Incidentally, you can 'Cut' objects, but it will not then paste). The only way to get the function back is to reset all preferences (i.e. close Illustrator and then re-open it whilst holding down shift, ctrl and alt). You can then copy one object and paste it and after that it is broken again. I have tried completely uninstalling (removing all settings and preferences) and completing a clean install. Same thing happens every time. I am using version 24.1.2 (64 bit). Clean install from Creative Cloud desktop. Very frustrating as it renders Illustrator virtually useless! Any help greatly appreciated.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if there is some clipboard enhancement installed in your system?

What else is running? Screensharing app or the like?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika-Gause,

No clipboard enhancement installed and nothing else running, such as a screensharing app. I found other threads suggesting it could be Google Chrome add-ons interfering - so I even uninstalled that completely, with no success.

I managed to do a screenshare with Adobe and the advisor couldn't 'fix' the problem but suggested I use a workaround. And that is to hold 'Alt' down whilst clicking on the object and dragging it to a new location. Has the same effect of copying and then pasting the object to the location where you let go. It's a good enough solution for me and so I'm happy with that, although it doesn't explain why standard copy and paste functions no longer work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend updating OS and GPU to the latest version and let us know if it helps.
You may also try to create a new user account(https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...) and see if your shortcuts work there.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Norstan,

I was trying to reproduce the mistake. But everything worked as expected on my machine.

Win 10 Illustrator CC2020 (24.1.2)

Sorry

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0