• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator very slow when using not so complicated pattern

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I have a pretty decent computer as you can see below. Before it was good but I wanted awesome. So I upgraded my Video card and went all the way up to 32g of Ram.

Guess what? now it's worse than before!!!! When I use not so complicated pattern it's very slow and even freezes (and screen turns watershed white and say does not respond for like 20 seconds).

I use an official Illustrator version so it can't come from here. I updated my graphic board, Windows and Illustartor.

How can I make my computer use all its ressources on Illustrator? Because of course when I'm using Illustrator I'm not using anything esle.

Here is my components 
Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @3.60GHZ, 4 cores 8 Threads
32Go RAM DIMM 2400 mhz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
SSD Harddrive

See below the Benchmark test and task manager when my computer freezes using Illustrator

Please help

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

This doesn't sound usual. Could you please check how application performs when GPU perfornace is unchecked from Illustrator Preferences:

GPU performance Ai.png

Also, please confirm where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines