• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator window not updating to show changes made until window is minimized/maximized

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Due to the current situation, my school has given all students access to the adobe suite and I have downloaded illustrator 2020. I just downloaded it today, so I'm assuming it must be fully updated. I am running fully updated windows 10, as well.

I took a video of the problem that I am experiencing. In the video, you see that I have illustrator open and I start a new document. The artboard does not appear, but the software is able to register that I am selecting different tools. I change the size of the window and the artboard suddenly appears. I take the text tool and type something on the document but the text does not appear until I again change the size of the window. Obviously, I cannot work like this.

After some brief googling, I found a thread saying that enabling the "application frame" under "window" will fix the problem. I can't see that option, so just to assure myself that I'm not going crazy, I rifle through all of the options under "window."

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

As a note, I've also downloaded photoshop and haven't had any issues there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvt57nygoidihsd/2020-04-23%2000-11-01.mp4?dl=0 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Thanks for the response. I disable the GPU performance option and that fixed up my problem. The only programs other than illustrator that I had open were chrome and discord, neither of which are demanding, so this setting change should hopefully fix the problem for good.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: Your computer sucks. Start by disabling hardware-accelerated display functions in the preferences and then tippy-toe your way through updating your system's graphics driver and perhaps some general system optimization. Seeing that cluttered task bar quite frankly gives me the creeps and could well be part of the issue with a ton of tiny tools running in the background and overburdening your system.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. I disable the GPU performance option and that fixed up my problem. The only programs other than illustrator that I had open were chrome and discord, neither of which are demanding, so this setting change should hopefully fix the problem for good.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines