Highlighted

Illustrator won't launch in Windows 10, but Photoshop will

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've seen multiple solutions to this issue, but I can't find one in language a computer dummie can understand. 

The problem: My school offered me a free Adobe CC account and I want to use illustrator, but every time it downloads it refuses to open. I've tried opening from the CC app, my browser, and the Illustrator app itself, none will open it (I already downloaded Photoshop from the CC app and it works perfectly). When I attempt to search for the app on my computer and open it from the search, I get four pop ups all with the same error message "System Error - The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." So, I've tried reinstalling twice, both times haven't fixed the issue. 

If someone could explain how to fix this to me like they would explain it to a five year old, that'd be amazing. I've seen a few explanations that require downloading or updating some type of C software that apparently worked, but I had no idea what was required to do that. Thank y'all in advance for any help you can offer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator won't launch in Windows 10, but Photoshop will

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've seen multiple solutions to this issue, but I can't find one in language a computer dummie can understand. 

The problem: My school offered me a free Adobe CC account and I want to use illustrator, but every time it downloads it refuses to open. I've tried opening from the CC app, my browser, and the Illustrator app itself, none will open it (I already downloaded Photoshop from the CC app and it works perfectly). When I attempt to search for the app on my computer and open it from the search, I get four pop ups all with the same error message "System Error - The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." So, I've tried reinstalling twice, both times haven't fixed the issue. 

If someone could explain how to fix this to me like they would explain it to a five year old, that'd be amazing. I've seen a few explanations that require downloading or updating some type of C software that apparently worked, but I had no idea what was required to do that. Thank y'all in advance for any help you can offer.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Visual C Runtime libraries can be freely downloaded from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Just download the ..._vcredist... package adequate for your system, presumably x64 onm a reasonably beefy 64bit computer. The rest will be handled automatically and you'll get proper warnings if you picked the wrong version. The only real trick will be to install them with administrator privileges, so do a right-click on the *.exe --> Run as Administrator. The same could of course also apply to the entire misery as a whole to fix potential permission issues with your AI install, but that's another story. First try the simple way.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0