Highlighted

Illustrator won't let me save any files

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I have a problem regarding both Illustrator and Photoshop. I recently put my hands on a brand new ASUS Zephyrus ROG 14 and installed AI and PS from my CC subscription. The problem is, when I try to savev a file nothing happens. The button "save as" firstly seems to be pressed and sudennly it's back to it's previous form. I tried turning off usage of GPU as well as using "New create new file menu", by using legacy options. I also tried reinstalling all the apps. No luck.

Mentioned problem does not occure while using older version of Illustrator CC (2019). It's a shame I can't use newest software on newest hardware. 

Do you know any solution to this problem? Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator won't let me save any files

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

I have a problem regarding both Illustrator and Photoshop. I recently put my hands on a brand new ASUS Zephyrus ROG 14 and installed AI and PS from my CC subscription. The problem is, when I try to savev a file nothing happens. The button "save as" firstly seems to be pressed and sudennly it's back to it's previous form. I tried turning off usage of GPU as well as using "New create new file menu", by using legacy options. I also tried reinstalling all the apps. No luck.

Mentioned problem does not occure while using older version of Illustrator CC (2019). It's a shame I can't use newest software on newest hardware. 

Do you know any solution to this problem? Thank you very much in advance.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

Also, if you're working in a mac, try adding Photoshop and Illustrator in Preferences > Security & Privacy > Full disk access.

Marlon Ceballos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, resetting the preferences didn't repair the issue. I also get a blank grey screen when i turn on Illustrator.
I'm working on Windows 10 btw.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0