Highlighted

illustrator won't make diagonal lined seamles pattern

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Illustrator community!

I have a problem, Illustrator won't let me make a seamless diagonal lined pattern (see image attached).
I rotated the lines at 45 degrees, but they won't matchup with the repetition. I even tried to manually tweaked it but the lines just jump away and don't want to be connected properly (see photo). I'm also adding a photo of my settings. Curiously horizontal and vertical lines are fine. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks so much for you help in advance!

not matching up even if I try to tweake it manualynot matching up even if I try to tweake it manualy

Pattern SettingsPattern Settings

lines won't match uplines won't match up

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Always make it with horizontal or vertical lines.

Then apply to the object,

then rotate the pattern inside the object.

Then make a graphic style.

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

illustrator won't make diagonal lined seamles pattern

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Illustrator community!

I have a problem, Illustrator won't let me make a seamless diagonal lined pattern (see image attached).
I rotated the lines at 45 degrees, but they won't matchup with the repetition. I even tried to manually tweaked it but the lines just jump away and don't want to be connected properly (see photo). I'm also adding a photo of my settings. Curiously horizontal and vertical lines are fine. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks so much for you help in advance!

not matching up even if I try to tweake it manualynot matching up even if I try to tweake it manualy

Pattern SettingsPattern Settings

lines won't match uplines won't match up

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to, Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Monika!
But it is not really fixing my problem. I was following these two tutorials, but my lines won't mach up the same way hers do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wQl8QqodYw 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWIdYzd4Y1s 

As in my original post I mentioned the lines won't sink up with their continuation, instead they continue jumping away from each other.

In this tutorial, I want to show you how to turn hand drawn lines into seamless diagonal patterns using Adobe Illustrators. I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC 20...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't control diagonal lines, make horizontal ones. Then apply the pattern to a shape and rotate the pattern after applying it.

I don't have the time to watch those tutorials.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines