Highlighted

Illustrator Won't Open All of a Sudden - "Could not Complete the Requested Operation"

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why my Illustrator program all of a sudden won't open?! It's not a specific file, I can't even open the program!! All I get is an error message saying "could not complete the requested operation". Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden and it's soooooo frustrating !! Thanks so much for your help 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Illustrator Won't Open All of a Sudden - "Could not Complete the Requested Operation"

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why my Illustrator program all of a sudden won't open?! It's not a specific file, I can't even open the program!! All I get is an error message saying "could not complete the requested operation". Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden and it's soooooo frustrating !! Thanks so much for your help 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of OS and Illustrator?

Have you tried restarting the computer?
You may also try resetting the Illustrator preferences once. Please follow instructions on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
Let us know how it goes. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 06, 2020 0