• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator workspace reset issues

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Illustrator for years and this is the first time I have seen this. Every time I open Illustrator, the workspace (my toolbar, all my windows like libraries and properties) are gone and I have to open them back up. Even if I click on a workspace default, nothing happens. I would try to reset the workspace but it is greyed out upon opening Illustrator. 

I know I can just reopen all the windows I need to work on my projects, but it's annoying to have to do it every single time I open Illustrator. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving your own personal set up as a "New Workspace" from the upper right drop-down by the search bar...I have one saved as "Daily" and it retains all of my panels (Layers, Artboards, Character panel, etc.) even if I switch between "Essentials", "Automation", etc.

If you have a custom workspace saved then it should remain intact as you set it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.pngHi, thanks for the suggestion but it does not let me save a new workspace either. I have set up all my panels and "New Workspace" is grayed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am currently experiencing exactly this problem and am finding it a tad frustrating. Did you ever figure out how to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This points to issues with your preferences file.

Could be an issue with user privileges.

Or hardware issues

Or more general issues with your user account

Or maybe just bad Illustrator prefs.

Several things you might try. Perhaps reset the preferences. THis is quite disrupting, so you might want to rename the folder, cause then you can go back to the old prefs in case it doesn't work. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

You could also try and create a new User account (Admin), log into it and check out if it works then.

ANd if you haven't done so recently: restart the computer. And do it regularly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines