• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator zoom tool help.

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all. so whenever i use the zoooom tool on illustrator it drags a box then whenevr i let go it zooms in to the area it dragged around. Will I want it so whenever i hold down the button it zooms in depending on if i drag left or right but i do not know how to do this. help would be much appreciated thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

I do not understand what You trying to say exactly, but for zooming there is some techniques:

1) Zoom tool (Z), and then:

a) Drag square select with Left Mouse Button for area where You want to zoom

b) Click the place where You want to zoom in, or hold (ALT) and click to zoom out

2) With ANY selected tool:

Just hold (ALT) key and use mouse scrool to zoom in or out in the place where Your cursor are.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what You trying to say exactly, but for zooming there is some techniques:

1) Zoom tool (Z), and then:

a) Drag square select with Left Mouse Button for area where You want to zoom

b) Click the place where You want to zoom in, or hold (ALT) and click to zoom out

2) With ANY selected tool:

Just hold (ALT) key and use mouse scrool to zoom in or out in the place where Your cursor are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having difficulty in understanding the second half what you are asking. You need to let us know which version of Illustrator you are using, as in CC2017 they have changed how the zoom tool works, and you will zoom in on the object selected regardless of where you have dragged a box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a few months old but the answer may still be helpful. I believe what you want to do is turn on Animated Zoom  under Edit>Preferences>GPU Performance. It's like the Scrubby Zoom in Photoshop. With the Zoom Tool selected left click drag right to zoom in, drag left to zoom out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is exactly what he is talking about because that is what I've been trying to figure out for over an hour now.  The worst part, I had Animated Zoom already checked, but it wasn't doing it.  But when I disabled it, then reenabled it, it worked perfectly.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue. Thanks this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you need to make shure that you are in the View Using GPU mode. Press Ctrl + E or go to View => View Using GPU. And than the Z + Drag Mouse will work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines