Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ilustrator CC & broken & pixelated vectors

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have switchted from Illustrator CS6 to Illustrator CC ( and the whole creative suite) since a few weeks. I really have to get used to a whole lot of new functionalities.

But something really has started to annoy making me want to revert back to CS6. I am working on a very simple and totally NOT complex illustration involving just some transparency gradations. But the vector starts to break down everytime I try to zoom in/out or move around with the hand function to examine the shape.

Why is this happening? Do I need to reinstall my Illustrator CC? Update my graphical card? Reformat my Mac? Or are there settings I need to adjust in Illustrator so my screen/pixels aren't dying?

Hope someone can help!

Regards,

Jenny Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 10.41.52.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the GPU Preview, maybe your computer specs are borderline for it

(or that preview mode is still a little buggy..)

View > CPU Preview any better ?

Of course you lose the nice zoom features,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ray, thanks for your swift reply. I'll try it out and see if that works better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-08-08.png

PLEASE HELP my vectors are broken even when using brush tool (i am using a surface pro 4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View > Preview on CPU.

Or turn off the GPU acceleration completely by clicking on the little rocket symbol in the control panel.

You could also check if there's a driver update available for your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is fixed by Intel in their latest driver update (15.46.02.4729 - released on 11 JUL 2017 ) available at - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?pr...

This update cannot show up driver search, as it might take some time for Microsoft to get it integrated in their Surface Pro driver updates. Microsoft prevents installing driver directly from Intel if you try the installer directly, however latest driver from Intel can be installed with steps listed in section "Update video adapter device drivers" > "Intel (Surface Pro devices)" in below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines