• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iMac shuts down and restarts when trying to run Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac shuts down and restarts when I try to run Illustrator. It sometimes shuts down immediately upon opening Illustrator but it varies. I can sometime work for maybe 20 minutes and I think it is fine but a keystroke from the keyboard or moving the cursor will cause the shutdown. I just switched from a Macbook to the iMac.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

Processor 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the supplied Magic Mouse and Keyboard or whether I use my Logitech M575 trackball mouse. I also have a Wacom Intuos Pro Tablet but it is not connected. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I had a similar experience was with Photoshop, when I accessed neural filters, which simply do not play with my perfectly fine and accessible GPU. I resolved it there, by turning off GPU under Preferences>Performance, when accessing those functions. Perhaps that's what's happening with Illustrator, for you. Please turn of your GPU, under Preferences>Performance, and see if that resolves the issue.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have removed all peripherals and it has been fine so now I will have to attach them one at a time to see what the issue is. I only had an external monitor, Logitech Bluetooth mouse and the ethernet line so I should know soon what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines