Highlighted

Image becomes blurry after exporting as JPEG from Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image in illustrator that I am trying to save as a JPEG. The file will be uploaded so people can purchase and then print themselves for framing. JPEG is the most popular digital download, so I would like to keep this file type however PDF is a less than ideal option B. The file is crisp when I zoom in on illustrator, but becomes blurry when I save as JPEG. My saving settings are CMYK, high image quality, Baseline (standard) compression, higher (300DPI) resolution, and art-optimized (supersampling).

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be really appreciated. Let me know any additional information you need.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

JPEG is a raster image. Of course it's blurry when you zoom in.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Image becomes blurry after exporting as JPEG from Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image in illustrator that I am trying to save as a JPEG. The file will be uploaded so people can purchase and then print themselves for framing. JPEG is the most popular digital download, so I would like to keep this file type however PDF is a less than ideal option B. The file is crisp when I zoom in on illustrator, but becomes blurry when I save as JPEG. My saving settings are CMYK, high image quality, Baseline (standard) compression, higher (300DPI) resolution, and art-optimized (supersampling).

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be really appreciated. Let me know any additional information you need.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the constructive comment...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to understand the basics. All I can do is repeat; Don't zoom over 100%. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And remember that a CMYK JPEG is not supported by many software. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0