• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image changing color when placing png into document

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple graphic of a brown horse - one color. When I place the png of this graphic into illustrator, it is lime green instead of brown. I've searched on google and the message boards to see if anyone knows why this is happening, but all the threads I see are colors changing to other similar colors, not going from brown to lime green. The color mode in Photoshop is RGB 16 bits/channel and the Illustrator document is RGB color mode. Any ideas on what's going on here?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen,

What happens if you start with RGB 8 bits/channel in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Jacob said.

And be aware that Illustrator does not read profiles (if they are at all embedded) from PNG files, but does assume the RGB profile from the current Color Settings.

You may want to find out the profile of the png file and convert it in Photoshop to the profile of the color settings (or change the color settings, which makes it probably more complicated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Press ctrl + A to select the artwork in photoshop, make sure the layer is active, then copy and paste it in illustrator. Are you still getting the same result ?

one more workareound,

save the file as psd, and place it in illustrator  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines