• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image copy leaving pieces behind

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to copy an image I created in one Illustrator file to another Illustrator file, but every time I do, it leaves pieces behind. I've grouped the image, flattened it, exported it, traced it...it doesn't matter. Every time I bring it into the second document, it's missing chunks. I have no idea what to do, and I can't find anything remotely related to this. 

I'm using Windows 10 Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.3.0 everything updated as of 8.31.2020

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Object >> Lock >> Unlock all

Then check your layers to see if any layers have the lock icon in the 2nd column to right of the visibility column.
As a test you can Ctrl A to select All, then Ctrl 3 to hide. Whatever does not hide has an issues most likely with being locked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to check if some pieces all may be locked or share file with us so we can check....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Object >> Lock >> Unlock all

Then check your layers to see if any layers have the lock icon in the 2nd column to right of the visibility column.
As a test you can Ctrl A to select All, then Ctrl 3 to hide. Whatever does not hide has an issues most likely with being locked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines