• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Disappearing

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just started using Illustrator so excuse me if this is a stupid question. I've been working on a really simple project for a friend of mine and yesterday all of my images were showing up and today instead of showing up they are just boxes with a cross through them. (I put a picture below). I've trying to embed/unembed it, put a new image in its place, put the image into my library and then insert it, and I get the same problem everytime. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the Layers panel?

What happens if you select Preview All Layers from the Layers panel menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show please a screen with the whole program window (menu, palettes, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am thinking that perhaps when you put the images in there that you did not embed them. Then maybe you moved where they are on your computer or perhaps they are not even on your computer anymore. Hitting the embed/unembed will not do anything if that is the case. You need to re-find the images on your computer and make sure that they are either embedded (the safer choice but makes the file size larger) or that you save the AI file and the images in a folder so that if you move the AI file, you will remmeber (hopefully) to move the images with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do the images still list in the links panel?

Did you accidentally turn off the preview for one layer?

e.g...

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 5.03.47 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines