• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image is partly cutoff on whitespace of Illustrator - how to center it back on whitespace

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm new to Adobe Illustrator.  Using google and youtube I was able to create a logo but now I've run into an issue.  I noticed that the image is not all the way on the white page so when I try to print it only have the object is showing on the print screen.  I tried dragging the object back to the white area of the screen but all that does is move a layer of the image.

From what I found out it may be that I need to disable the autoselect in Illustrator but I can't find it anywhere.  It's supposed to be in the move tool but I don't see that either.  

My question is how do I stop this from happening when trying to recenter the image back on the white area of illustrator and how do I recenter the image on the white area so that when I print or use it - it actually captures the entire image?

Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To center an object on the artboard, select the object and in the Align panel choose Align to Artboard.

Then click the Align Verical icon and then the Align Horizontal icon.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For auto select, you may be referring to this --

In the Tools panel, select the Artboard tool.

In the Control panel at the top, deselect the Move/Copy Artwork with Artboard icon.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barbara for your help.  Unfortunately none of those options worked.  If it helps to explain what I mean, doing the steps didn't move the image at all but I still went through the motions of following your steps.  Then I tried to print the image again and it is still not all the way on the page which results in half of the image printing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the artwork is locked, under the Object menu, choose Unlock All, and then perform the steps again.

If the artwork is not locked, try this --

Choose Object > Artboard > Fit to Artwork Bounds. That will resize the artboard so that all of the artwork is within the artboard.

By the way, it helps to post screen captures of your artwork, including the Layers panel. People can usually make more helpful and appropriate suggestions if they can see the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines